We are looking for highly experienced and professional cleaners this coming winter season to work with Jelly & Ice-Cream company to do domestic and commercial cleaning.
The contract is 6months long starting in December 2015 until mid May 2016 in a beautiful ski resort of Val d’Isere, France.
- Free ski/snowboard hire is included for full time cleaners.
- Seasonnaire discount on the season pass for Espace Killy area with our contract. On completion of the season and contract, you will be entitled to a full reimbursed Espace Killy Ski pass.
- Accommodation is not provided but we will assist you to find cheap and affordable quarters.
- 670€ per month salary. (Paid monthly) Subject to NI & Tax.
- Up to 120 hours per month (Peak weeks may vary)
- 1.5 days off per week minimum
- End of season bonus available
Some of your duties will include:
-Cleaning light / heavy
-Checking each others work
-Cleaners can be required to work alone or in teams.
-Cleaners are not necessarily appointed to a specific location
-Background with babysitting is preferable but not essential.
-Training is provided
-The job description is not exhausted and subject to change.
-Emptying waste bins or similar receptacles, transporting waste material to designated
-Sweeping floors with brushes or dust control mops.
-Mopping floors with wet or damp mops.
-Suction cleaning carpeted areas and “spot” cleaning carpets.
-To dust, damp wipe, wash or polish furniture, ledges, window sills, external surfaces of
cupboards, radiators, shelves and fitments.
-To replenish consumable items (soap, toilet rolls, paper towels) if required within the contract.
-To clean toilets, hand basins, sinks, baths, showers
-The use of chemical agents as directed by the manager in the discharge of cleaning operations or maintenance procedures
-To undertake wall washing or inside window pane cleaning
-Cleaners employed are required to clean cookers, electrical items and work surface areas.
- You will be required to work in various locations including hotels, apartments and chalets within Val d’Isere, France.
- Working hours will be stipulated on a weekly basis, these are non-negotiable but will be during office hours.
- You will work exclusively for Jelly & Ice-Cream as a cleaner. Other jobs may be held but they can not interfere with your weekly schedule.
- This job allows for a fair amount of time on the mountain (up to 1-3 days per week) Ideal for candidates wanting to make the most out of their ski pass.
- You will be subject to vetting and referencing.
- You will be on a trial period for the first 4 weeks.
- You must be fit and capable to fulfil the tasks required and may be asked to produce a fit note.
- You must enjoy working closely within a small team of people and enjoy the varied work load. No two days are ever the same!
- You will be expected to work under your own steam, be self motivated and to support one another in any tasks.
- You will be required from time to time to complete basic paperwork and record keeping to maintain a well structured business.
- During peak weeks, there is opportunity for you to take on additional work and be paid for this. This is offered on a first come first served basis.
- A £200 job security deposit must be paid when you sign your contract. This will be returned to you on completion of the season. Some staff like us to book their travel for them out of their job deposits for ease.
- Opportunity to have all travel arrangements made for you to resort with your colleagues.
- Opportunity to have continued employment for following seasons.
- You will make friends and family for life so expect to work hard, enjoy the experience and take away memories that will last.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on the position.
Full time and part-time positions available.
In order to work for us you must have the following:
1. UK National Insurance number. If not, you will need one and not a temporary one.
2. UK bank account.
3. An EU passport or valid UK working VISA (We do not accept French visas.)
4. Available to work throughout the contract from early December to mid May (Exact date TBC)
5. New European Health Card (EHIC) which replaces the E111.
6. 12 months+ experience (minimum) working as a cleaner
7. You will be required to provide a P45 or fill in a P46.
8. We will make A1 applications on your behalf as soon as a contract is signed. (An A1 is a certificate that shows which state’s social security system you belongs to. (You will pay tax and national insurance through the UK system, not the French system. We will need to apply for an A1 certificate for the employee prior to the employee’s departure to France.)